Thursday, March 8, 2012

St. Patrick's Day Lesson

I used a St. Patrick's Day theme to teach sequence with my kinder class.  I cut out shamrocks with numbers on them and placed them in a circle; the children skipped around them until the Irish music I was playing stopped.  The each picked up their shamrock and waited for me to call on them.  The students were to tell the class what number they had and where it goes on the number line.  After this activity, I read the class, "The Night Before St. Patrick's Day."  In the book, the children make Leprechaun traps in hopes to capture the Leprechaun.  My students made Leprechaun traps out of green plastic cups and decorated them with St. Patrick's Day stickers and gold/green stickers.  The students then placed gold coins and items inside their cups.  The children had a lot of fun with this lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment